Town Reports - Annual
Financial Reports - Annual
Budgets - Annual
Ordinances and Codes
FOAA and ADA
Route One South Design Guidelines
Files & Forms
Meeting Calendars, Agendas, Minutes, Video
RFP's / Employment
Directory of Officials / Boards
Active Living Committee
Coastal Waters Commission
Hunter Road Fields Advisory Committee
Paper Streets / Discontinuance
Shellfish Conservation Commission
Traffic and Parking Committee
Hours & Contact Information
Downeaster Train Center
Freeport Community Services
Freeport Community Television
RSU 5 Community Programs
Schools in Freeport
Water & Sewer Utilities
Vital Records Online
Property Tax Viewing - Online!
Pay Property Tax Bills Online!
Pay Tickets Online!
Send Email to Town Hall Departments
Streaming Video on Demand
Hunting & Fishing Licenses
Online Burn Permits
Town Events Mailing List
Town Events RSS Feed
Back to Municipal News
September 6, 2017
The Freeport Planning Board will hold Public Hearings on Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. in the Freeport Town Hall Council Chambers to discuss possible amendments to Chapter 21: Freeport Zoning Ordinance (as noted below). All changes are corrections, clarifications, necessary updates, and/or changes that provide consistency with other sections.
1) Section 104. Definitions – Impervious Surface;
2) Section 201.A. General Restrictions & Section 413.D.7.l Village Commercial “VC-I” : to change BOCA code to current building code;
3) Section 201.C. General Restrictions: multi-family exemption;
4) Section 407.E.4 Village I - “V-I” , Section 414.E.6 Village Commercial II “VC-II”, Section 415. E.5 Village Commercial III “VC-III” , Section 417.E.10 Village Mixed Use District 1 –VMU-1, Section 418.E.8 Village Mixed Use District 2 –VMU-2: clarification of applicable sections;
5) Section 409.C.1 Commercial District I “C-I”: adding option of multiple buildings or uses;
6) Sections 501.A, 501.C, & 501.F Temporary Activity: change “special permit” to Temporary Activity Permit and clarify that it can be an annual permit;
7) Sections 509.F.1.f, 509.G.7, & 509.H.2 Extraction: update standards;
8) Section 512. Access to Property: driveway width reduction;
9) Section 520. Fire and Explosive Hazards; updated by Fire Chief;
10) Section 525E.B.4 Filling of Lands and Creation of Ponds: update standards;
11) Section 532.1.a & 532.3 Accessory Apartments: applies to existing or new dwellings and does not apply to dwellings in the Shoreland Zone;
12) Section 602.C.1.c.2 Site Plan Review: updates to wireless telecommunication antenna rules.
The public is welcome to attend. Submitted materials are available for viewing in the Town Planner’s Office at the Freeport Town Hall during normal business hours.
Contact Town Hall
Freeport Town Hall: 30 Main Street, Freeport, ME 04032 | Phone: 207-865-4743 | Fax: 207-865-0929 Office hours: Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Built by Big Room Studios